The Leonard Graphic

Home Leonard News Headlines Fire breaks out at Sonic

Fire breaks out at Sonic

E-mail Print PDF
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

April 28, 2011 - Sonic Drive-In in Leonard was the scene of a fire last Thursday, April 21, which left the business temporarily closed. The fire was discovered by employees around 9 p.m., but didn't do extensive damage or cause any injuries.

Director of Operations Rusty Mazy reported Tuesday that the blaze started in the deep fryer system that cooks their popular mozzarella sticks, French fries, cheddar peppers and tater tots, among other things.

"There is a casing in the back of the fryer that houses the elements and connects them to the rest of the fryer," said Mazy. "And the electrical fire was inside that casing."

Mazy said employees noticed the flames through a hole leading into the casing and reported it. The Leonard Volunteer Fire Department was summoned to the scene to ensure the blaze didn't spread.

"The only damage was to the piece of equipment where (the fire) originated," Mazy added.

As area residents learned of the incident, many fretted over the possibility of not having their daily sweet tea or cherry limeade, but Mazy stated it only caused a temporary closure - with the business reopening at 10:30 a.m. on Friday.

As of Tuesday, April 26, Sonic was unable to offer any fried items due to the deep fryer being out of commission, but Mazy said they were supposed to have the equipment repaired that afternoon or evening and should be back fully operating after that.

Trackback(0)
Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment

busy
 

Calendar

April 2014
S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3

Information Menu

Contact Us
About
Web Links

Login Form