Feb. 17, 2011 - The 3rd annual recycling fund-raiser benefiting Mental Health Mental Retardation Services of Texoma will be held on Saturday, March 5, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at 315 West McLain in Sherman. The Volunteer Services Council of MHMRST is conducting the event. For more information call 903-957-4865. Please be sure to leave a telephone number on voice mail.
It is time to clean out the house and garage and get rid of those items that are no longer useful. The items can be in any condition: damaged, obsolete, non-working or fully operational. Instead of putting them in the trash, MHMR encourages you to donate them. Collections will include the following items:
- Computer Equipment-desktops, laptops, servers, monitors, mice, speakers, and all other computer components
- Cameras-camcorders and all non-disposable film and digital cameras
- Office Equipment-fax machines, typewriters, inkjet cartridges, printers, scanners, routers, shredders, and copiers
- Entertainment Electronics-car and home audio equipment, satellite and cable boxes, VCRs, DVD players and recorders, headphones, and multimedia projectors
- Multimedia-DVD and VHS movies, audio books, and music CDs (All items must include original covers.)
- Portable electronics-cell phones, GPS devices, calculators, portable CD and DVD players, PDAs and MP3 players
- Video Games-video games, systems, and accessories
- Sporting Goods-golf clubs and bags, athletic helmets and pads, baseball bats and gloves, basketball shoes, cleats, hockey sticks, ice skates, and roller blades
- Musical Instruments-guitars, percussion, strings, woodwinds, brass, and electronic keyboards
- Home and Garden-air purifiers, baby monitors, vacuum cleaners, power tools, electric razors, sewing machines, and medical equipment
- Non-Fiction Books-cookbooks, craft books, and textbooks
- Vehicles- cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, trailers, and RVs.
- ATVs-dirt bikes, go-karts, 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers, and jet skis
- Collectibles-comics, figurines, trading cards, etc.
- Pottery, Cookware Glass, and Dinnerware-China, porcelain, art pottery, stoneware, etc.
- Jewelry-costume jewelry, watches, and hand-crafted jewelry
- Gold and Silver
Harold Wright, VSC Chairman, states, "This is the community's chance to recycle all types of products and equipment. Your donations help ensure proper recycling of e-waste and save valuable landfill space. The VSC is working with Bubb Fund-raising. Bubb Fund-raising conducts this type of event throughout the metroplex and then safely recycles the items. For your peace of mind, delete personal information from your computers and cell phones. This event is not a garage sale. Please do not bring clothing or decorative items. Anyone wishing to donate a vehicle must go to www.bubbfundraising.com and register the vehicle. Please do not bring a car, boat, RV, etc. without registering it on-line."
"The last two years, the events have been huge successes due to general public and businesses donating literally truck loads of items. We hope it will be even more successful this time. Businesses and school districts that have a large amount of items can call the number listed above and arrange a special pick-up. Individuals and small businesses will need to bring their items the day of the event. We will not pick up items nor can we store them. Do not deliver items to the MHMRST building before the event. Microwaves, ovens, refrigerators, television sets, paint, or hazardous materials absolutely will not be accepted," stated Wright.
"We have a huge volume of calls each year about the location of McLain Street. McLain Street is located just North of the intersection of Lambreth and Travis. Go North on Travis, pass Eddie Mac's Hamburgers and the next street to the left is McLain. MHMRST sets on the right hand side of the street. It is easy to find with these simple directions," said Wright.
MHMR Services of Texoma has provided services in Cooke, Fannin and Grayson counties to individuals with mental retardation since 1974. The mission of the center is to provide services that improve quality of life and support self-determination for persons with mental, intellectual, and developmental challenges.
The services provided by MHMRST are:
Mental Health Program - 24-Hour Crisis Emergency Services, Crisis Hotline and Mobile Crisis Outreach Team, Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team, Case Management, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Community-Based Assessments, Benefits Eligibility Assessments, Medication-Related Services, Respite Services, Skills Training, Small Groups, Supported Employment, Supported Housing, and Transportation
Mental Retardation Program - Consumer Benefits, Continuity of Services, Intake/Eligibility/ Diagnostic Services, Service Authorization, Service Coordination, DADS Waiver Programs (HCS and TXHML), DADS ICFMR Residential Program, In-Home and Family Support, Transition Planning; MR/IDD Provider Services: Adult Day Habilitation/Client Worker Training Program, Community Support Services, Respite Services, Supported Home Living Services, Behavioral Support Services, and After School /Summer Children's Day Habilitation Program
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - Crisis Intervention, Case Management, Family Support Services, Medication Related Services, Screening, Assessment, and Referral for children under 18 years of age with mental health problems.
Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) - ECI serves children (birth to three years of age) who are developmentally delayed in some area with screening, assessment, and developmental services.
|< Prev||Next >|