March 17, 2011
- Leonard police took a felony theft report from a resident on March 7. The complainant advised her husband's motorcycle was missing from their carport and the last time either of them had noticed it there was two days prior. Missing is a 1987 Yamaha FZR100. The case remains under investigation.
- A resident on West Fannin contacted police on March 8 at 4:02 p.m. to report loud music coming from the neighbor's residence. The officer found some male teenagers at the residence who were installing car radios. They advised they would keep the noise level down.
- A 32-year-old Connett Street resident was arrested for terroristic threat on March 8 after an incident between he and his girlfriend. Reports show that the girlfriend called police around 6:50 p.m. asking for an officer. She told the officer that the two were separating and he was upset because he couldn't find a piece of jewelry that was in his family and he wanted the woman to look for it. The man filled a glass with lighter fluid and placed it on a dresser, making a threatening statement that suggested he would harm her if she didn't find the ring. When the man thought the woman had stopped looking for the jewelry, he threw the glass onto the floor breaking it and yelling at her. He then left the room and lit a cigarette, which is when the woman called police. The man was charged with terroristic threat of a family or household member, a class A misdemeanor, and transported to Fannin County Jail. The woman was advised on the steps she could take to obtain an emergency protective order.
- An officer was dispatched to a location on State Highway 78 south of Leonard on March 10 at 6:49 p.m. for a possible intoxicated driver. The officer went to the south city limits to wait for the suspect vehicle, but it turned into a driveway before entering the city limits.
- An officer was dispatched to assist the sheriff's office with a suspicious activity report on March 11 at 2:07 p.m. The officer located a vehicle with a similar description to that of the suspect vehicle at a residence on FM 981 and stopped to ask the owner some questions. After a short investigation, it was determined that the vehicle was not the one in question.
- An officer on routine patrol assisted a Fannin County deputy with a traffic stop on March 12 at 7:30 a.m. The Leonard officer helped search the cab of the truck and found a marijuana pipe behind the seat and a bag of marijuana roaches behind the ash tray. The driver was ticketed for possession of drug paraphernalia and expired registration and released.
- Three juvenile males were arrested on March 12 for burglary of a habitation. A male resident contacted police after observing three teenage boys at a neighbor's house. He told officers that two had disappeared behind the residence while one stayed in the front yard, as if he was watching out for them. The man called the cops and watched the juveniles as they ran from the property when they saw the cop car approaching. The three juveniles ran on foot from officers, but were all three apprehended. The officer found property from the home - including a laptop computer, camera bag and a large amount of change- in bags that the boys were carrying. It appeared the boys had removed a window air conditioning unit and then used a ladder to climb into the home. One of them was also charged with assault of a public servant after he struck the officer with a stick as he attempted to chase the other two involved.
- Officers and medical personnel were dispatched to a home on West Fannin Street on March 14 at 4:20 a.m. after a 22-year-old woman at the home was found to be having a seizure. The officer responding found several indications in the home that it was a drug overdose and the woman was taken by air ambulance to Medical Center of McKinney.
|< Prev||Next >|