March 10, 2011
- An officer was dispatched to the intersection of College and Cedar Streets after a report of a fight in progress. The officer contacted four juvenile boys who stated they were play fighting and nothing was wrong. The officer advised the boys to take their play fighting elsewhere.
- A 25-year-old Allen man was arrested in Leonard on March 3 at 1:20 a.m. after a call into dispatch reported that he was in a vehicle headed to Leonard and was known to the caller to have warrants. An officer located the vehicle and stopped it after observing a traffic violation. The suspect - a passenger in the vehicle - provided the officer with the wrong name to try and avoid being arrested. The officer was able to confirm the man’s identity, however, and he was taken into custody on two warrants. The female driver of the vehicle was issued a traffic citation.
- A Leonard officer arrested a 20-year-old Denison man on March 4 as he was visiting an apartment in Leonard and was known to have warrants.
- An officer was flagged down by a resident on March 5 at 6:10 p.m. who had reportedly just been assaulted by her husband. The victim told the officer that her husband had recently started using narcotics and was getting very violent to her. On the night of the report, the man reportedly got upset with his wife and assaulted her by pulling her away from the door by her hair and choking her with both hands. She further advised that she was pregnant and he had hit her in the stomach. The man had left the residence before officers arrived on scene. The officer stayed on scene while the complainant gathered things to leave.
- A Leonard officer was dispatched to a residence between Trenton and Whitewright on May 6 at 12:30 a.m. for a reported structure fire that involved people still in the home (see related story on page 1).
- A Trenton officer contacted Leonard police on May 6 at 8:45 a.m. to report a possible intoxicated driver headed to Leonard on U.S. Highway 69. The officer located the vehicle and observed it crossing the center line, so initiated a traffic stop. The officer could smell a very strong odor of alcohol coming from the driver, a 63-year-old Leonard woman who had a previous DWI conviction. After performing standard field sobriety tests on the driver, the officer took her into custody for DWI-2nd.
|< Prev||Next >|